Friday, August 6, 2010

Granted, life will throw you curve balls. Sometimes you nail a home run, sometimes you nail a line drive, sometimes you nail the pitcher right back and sometimes you swing, miss and fall flat on your face. Me? I've never been good at baseball.


So in the midst of my busy, crazy life, it seems a lot easier to think about myself/my problems/my family. Today a good friend of mine did something that touched my soul. Even though she is BUSY and has way more things to think about besides me, she took time out of her day to do something really sweet for me.

I guess I'm just so used to everything being a dog-eat-dog world, where everyone looks out for themselves (esp in a competitive nursing program!) that I'm so surprised when people do nice things for me with no benefit for themselves:) The fact that this is surprising is almost sad don't you think? That the world and that people have become so "self concerned" that we forget to "spread the love"?

Anywho, I guess I'm just so thankful that there are still awesome people out there that haven't become tainted by the world, and that I have them as friends! AND that maybe I should work everyday to be like that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment